We have some March and whole year accomplishments calculated! Great job everyone!!!
- 2,700 hours of volunteering in March!
- Big Event – over 500 hours!
- Teacher’s Breakfast Donations – 28 hrs.
- Food Bank Donations – 22.75 hrs.
Whole Year Accomplishments:
- Over 25,000 hours of service was reported to the district (a LOT more hours than last year!)
- More than 50% of members in good standing points
- Board with the most hours: FAITH-BASED!
Keep updated on new projects and projects for the summer too! If you sign up for something, you must go volunteer or notify the coordinator/board member that you cannot go ahead of time. Please do not sign up unless you know you can go.
Board Member Applications:
- Interested in being a board member and coordinating service projects?
- Available to pick up in Mrs. Langley’s room or Mrs. Morris’ room!
- Due May 1st at 4 pm to Mrs. Langley’s room MS (please turn in before or after school, not during class)
- Or you can print the application here.
- Board Member Duties include:
- Coordinating service projects
- Attending major Key Club events, all board and general meetings, and socials
- Writing monthly articles for the newsletter
- any other tasks to help out the club
- you must be in good standing and be ready to put Key Club first in your activities!
Volunteers are needed on the night of the Mr. & Miss JHS ceremony—Monday, April 29th at 6:30 pm.
It will be in the high school.
Some jobs you may help with:
- Unloading food from Mrs. Ritze’s car
- Passing out programs at the door
- Setting out food for the reception
- Miscellaneous errands/tasks
Interested? Please contact email@example.com
Hours for this project can be submitted under K2K High School.
Hello! I know this event is in 2 days but if you’re interested, please help out! It sounds like a lot of fun and is for a good cause.
What: Ground Zero Emergency Training Center Foundation is holding a fundraiser for their dogs they train to help rescue people in natural disasters. These dogs save lives but they are holding this event to raise money to train them. (yes, there will be dogs and puppies there.)
When: Thursday, 4/18; 4:30 is set up, event starts at 7 but volunteers need to be there earlier (contact number below for more details)
Where: event starts at the TCC location and then we will walk over to the Tulsa FD Training center is right next to TCC.
Volunteers, please contact the coordinator ASAP at: 918-639-3568 so they can get the shirts ordered!
They need volunteers Cell, email and t- shirt size.
What you will do:
- You will get dinner, and a t shirt to wear at the event when you arrive. And will be assigned when you arrive.
- Jobs are- ( evening) starting around 4:30 show up- event start time 5:30pm this Thursday 4/18
- Shirt and merchandise sales
- Auction runners
- Live ask runners
- Selling lottery tickets
- Assisting with drinks ( filling cups with ice or refills, manning water/ tea beverage table)
- Maybe one or two assisting outside to help people initially get to right place
- Clear tables at end
Questions let them know! (at 918-639-3568)
This project can be submitted under Special Projects
Jenks East Elementary needs help with its family night on May 7th, from 6:00-7:00 pm. Volunteers will meet in the lower level parking lot by the track and will be helping out with carnival games! Please come because it is sure to be a really fun event!
Any questions? Contact me here ->mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
We have another fun Kiwanis Project coming up! The annual Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast is happening on Saturday, April 27th! They need our help to collect tickets/money, make pancakes, serve, and clean up. It is super easy and fun to do and is another chance to connect with the Kiwanis members in our community.
This is one of the major fundraisers the Jenks Kiwanis use to raise funds for their projects, so it’s really important that we have people there. About 5 volunteers are needed to help that day.
When: Saturday, April 27th, 7-11 am
Where: First United Methodist in Jenks (Just to the East of Cacy’s BBQ)
Sign up here.
Questions or need to cancel your signup: email email@example.com
This project can be submitted under Special Projects.
Jenks Northwest is having another parenting class on Monday, April 15th. They will need volunteers from 5:40-7:45 at Northwest Elementary. Volunteers will be helping with childcare and will meet at the media center on the 3rd floor.
When: Monday, April 15th from 5:40-7:45
Where: Jenks Northwest Elementary, 3rd floor media center
Signup here -> https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B044AA8AF2AAAFB6-parenting1
If you have questions contact me here ->mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Hey Jenks Key Club,
Here is the March Newsletter. This is my last newsletter after 2 years, and I am sad, but also so excited to see what your new editor has in store for you!!!
I have made previous posts about the Asbury Second Saturday service opportunity but I made one again so you don’t have to search for it. The Second Saturdays are still happening and the next one is this Saturday, April 13th and also on May 11th from 8:15-12:15. I will go ahead and post the information again in case you missed it last time!
Asbury United Methodist Church 2nd Saturday is a wonderful way to receive four hours of community service! Below is a description of how 2nd Saturday works:
- Guarantees 4 hours of community service (8:15am-12:15pm)
- Is free and easy
- You can bring friends and family (children 13 and younger must be accompanied by an adult)
- Has no advance registration (except for liability form signed by parents on first visit)
- Provides transportation to and from sites
- Allows you to choose where and how you serve—there are different service opportunities each week for places all over Tulsa!
2nd Saturday is easy and fun:
- Come to Asbury Venue (6910 S 101st E Ave, SE of Asbury’s Main Building, east of David’s Bridal) on the second Saturday of the month at 8:15am wearing work clothes.
- Registration is a simple liability form filled out by a parent on the first visit (do not need it filled out again for subsequent visits), or parents can go to the link at the bottom of this post to fill it out in advance.
- Pick a serving site from 5-10 options which vary each month. Opportunities commonly include: interior painting, nursing home visits, cleaning, gardening, minor repairs, neighborhood pickup, organizing, block parties, and food packaging. There are projects for all ages, outside and inside, easy and difficult.
- Get on a bus.
- Return to church by 12:15.
For more information about this service opportunity click here.
To access the liability form for ages 17 and under click here.
Any questions? Contact me at email@example.com. You can file your hours for this project under Special Projects when you submit hours.
Also, you can contact Betty Higgins and Lanette Celoni, 2nd Saturday Co-Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org or (918) 492-1771 ext. 2408.
Hey guys!Jenks East Elementary is having a family engagement night on April 18th from 6:00-8:30. Volunteers will meet in the building E commons. Your job is to help with the childcare! If you love working with children or need hours then come help volunteer!
When: Aprile 18th, 6:00-8:30
Where: Jenks East Elementary, Building E commons
Signup here -> https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B044AA8AF2AAAFB6-family
And if you have any questions email me here -> mailto:email@example.com
Come to the Kiwanis Trash Bash on May 11 from 8am-4pm! It is located northeast corner of 106th & Elm Streets this year.
We need teams of 2 working 2 hours shifts all day long. The goal is to collect money, direct traffic, and help unload large items if necessary. This is Kiwanis’ largest fundraiser and it is also used (in part) to provide scholarships for seniors in our club. It is also easy and really fun!
Last year we just talked to Kiwanis members, directed traffic, and collected money so it’s a very low-key service opportunity and a good chance to get to know the Kiwanis adults who help sponsor our club! (Key in Key Club stands for Kiwanis Educated Youth). They are an adult service organization that founded Key Club in 1925.
Date: May 11th
Time: 8am to 4pm (2 hour shifts)
Location: northeast corner of 106th & Elm Streets
Sign up here:
Submit hours under Special Projects