I hope you all had a wonderful and restful Winter Break and are ready to get back into service!
Last year, I made a post about Asbury Second Saturday service opportunity. The Second Saturdays are still happening and the next one is this Saturday, January 12th from 8:15-12 (noon). I will go ahead and post the information again in case you missed it last time.
Asbury United Methodist Church 2nd Saturday is a wonderful way to receive four hours of community service! Below is a description of how 2nd Saturday works:
- Guarantees 4 hours of community service (8:15am-12:15pm)
- Is free and easy
- You can bring friends and family (children 13 and younger must be accompanied by an adult)
- Has no advance registration (except for liability form signed by parents on first visit)
- Provides transportation to and from sites
- Allows you to choose where and how you serve—there are different service opportunities each week for places all over Tulsa!
2nd Saturday is easy and fun:
- Come to Asbury Venue (6910 S 101st E Ave, SE of Asbury’s Main Building, east of David’s Bridal) on the second Saturday of the month at 8:15am wearing work clothes.
- Registration is a simple liability form filled out by a parent on the first visit (do not need it filled out again for subsequent visits), or parents can go to the link at the bottom of this post to fill it out in advance.
- Pick a serving site from 5-10 options which vary each month. Opportunities commonly include: Interior painting, nursing home visits, cleaning, gardening, minor repairs, neighborhood pickup, organizing, block parties and food packaging. There are projects for all ages, outside and inside, easy and difficult.
- Get on a bus.
- Return to Venue by 12:15.
For more information about this service opportunity click here.
To access the liability form for ages 17 and under click here.
Any questions? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can file your hours for this project under Special Projects when you submit hours.
Also, you can contact Betty Higgins and Lanette Celoni, 2nd Saturday Co-Directors at email@example.com or (918) 492-1771 ext. 2408.