Asbury United Methodist Church 2nd Saturday is a wonderful way to receive four hours of community service! Below is a description of how 2nd Saturday works:
- Guarantees 4 hours of community service (8:15am-12:15pm)
- Is free and easy
- You can bring friends and family (children 13 and younger must be accompanied by an adult)
- Has no advance registration (except for liability form signed by parents on first visit)
- Provides transportation to and from sites
- Allows you to choose where and how you serve—there are different service opportunities each week for places all over Tulsa!
2nd Saturday is easy and fun:
- Come to Asbury Venue (6910 S 101st E Ave, SE of Asbury’s Main Building, east of David’s Bridal) on the second Saturday of the month at 8:15am wearing work clothes.
- Registration is a simple liability form filled out by a parent on the first visit (do not need it filled out again for subsequent visits), or parents can go to the link at the bottom of this post to fill it out in advance
- Pick a serving site from 5-10 options which vary each month. Opportunities commonly include: Interior painting, nursing home visits, cleaning, gardening, minor repairs, neighborhood pickup, organizing, block parties and food packaging. There are projects for all ages, outside and inside, easy and difficult.
- Get on a bus
- Return to Venue by 12:15
The November 2nd Saturday will be on the 10th and some confirmed sites for this time are: Global Gardens, Out Reach Baskets, loaves and fishes, and Tulsa Dream center!
For more information about this service opportunity click here.
To access the liability form for ages 17 and under click here.
Any questions? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, you can contact Betty Higgins and Lanette Celoni, 2nd Saturday Co-Directors at email@example.com or (918) 492-1771 ext. 2408.